Are you a wood framing contractor and want to increase your profitability? You’ve just arrived at the best lumber takeoff and estimating services in Town.
Well, you know what – one of the most important parts of being a framing or carpentry contractor is estimating how much lumber you will need to complete your job. Being able to give your customer an accurate bid in advance prevents you from getting stuck in the woods without the materials you need to finish your project on time.
Why do you need a lumber estimator?
As a reputable framing contractor, you’re under work from head to toe. Despite a sizeable crew, you’re always striving to deliver high-quality craftsmanship and looking to provide consistent results. But all that hard work may not pay off – without an accurate bid.
But don’t worry! We’ve summarized how you can win more projects without spending a dime.
Our lumber takeoff estimators have already helped a number of our clients multiply their turnover by a big number. Here’s how we can let you bid like the pros:
How to do lumber takeoff – the right way!
No matter how big or small the lumber project is, it’s important to know how to estimate the quantity of lumber that you need to complete it.
While there are plenty of different ways to estimate your lumber cost, the most common way is through what’s called a lumber takeoff estimate.
For any new construction of a residential or commercial building, the first step is estimating the framing. It includes knowing the basic count of the framing lumber. But besides, you need to figure out the number of studs needed for a wall frame, headers for doors and window openings, horizontal plates for the top and bottom of walls, and sheathing required for the exterior of a wall.
7-step lumber takeoff process
In particular, we always suggest getting a rough sketch or plan of your project so you can never miss a detail. You need to identify the overall length and height of a wall. Also, don’t forget to know the size of the windows and doors on each wall. Here’s how the general process of lumber estimating works:
- Determine the number of wall studs
- Determine the supporting plates for the wall – it’s different for load-bearing and non-load-bearing walls
- Add up the waste of the materials
- Don’t forget to add studs for 90-degree and 45-degree corners.
- Add studs for the openings
- Determine the header for the walls
- Determine the number of plywood sheets required for sheathing
So, you see doing lumber takeoff is a pesky and daunting task. And with so many other tasks to manage your business, it’s never recommended to indulge in such calculation work. That’s where our lumber takeoff services come in handy:
Our lumber takeoff scope includes:
- Shop Fabricated Structural Wood Estimate
- Prefabricated Wood Trusses Estimate
- Roof and Floor Decking Estimate
- Finish and Architectural Woodwork Estimate
- General Materials Estimate
- Architectural Columns (Wood, Metal, and Composites) Estimate
- Cabinet Hardware Estimate
- Paneling Estimate
- Wood Stairs and Railings
- Stair Components Estimate
- Standing and Running Trim Estimate
- Exterior Trim (treated, synthetics, and metals) Estimate
- Wood Countertops Estimate
- Residential-style Exterior Lighting Estimate
- Sheathing Estimate
- Underlayment Estimate
- Exterior Sheathing Estimate
- Wood Products Estimate
- Common Wood Materials Estimate
- Wood Veneers Estimate
- Agricultural Byproduct (Straw Board-type) Materials Estimate
- Specialty Wood Materials Estimate
- Reclaimed Wood Products & Materials Estimate
- Slatwall Paneling Estimate
- Rough Carpentry Estimate
- Structural Insulated Panels Estimate
- Heavy Timber Construction Estimate
- Decking Estimate
- Residential-style Railings Estimate
- Wood Decking Estimate
- Composite, Synthetic, and Other Decking Estimate
- Deck Waterproofing and Water Management Estimate
Don’t Get Stuck In The Woods Without Knowing How To Do A Lumber Takeoff Estimate
We’ve been helping our clients accurately take off lumber projects from start to finish. Our expert estimators make sure no wood is left behind.
If you’re a framing contractor or a general builder, we’re the team you need. We’re not just lumber estimators; we’re a team of talented experts who can drastically increase your bid to hit rates. We’ll take all the measurements and do our best to take the guesswork out of the equation.
Your Lumber Takeoff and Estimating Resource.
We make getting a Lumber Takeoff easy. Wood framing estimate, lumber takeoff, timber joists, trusses, lumber list. We deal in all sorts of projects Residential or commercial. We offer millwork estimates, timber joists, wooden trusses, and a complete lumber material takeoff list.
Estimate your project faster than ever before
Although our most of clients are commercial contractors including framing contractors and suppliers, even if you’re a homeowner and are looking to know the amount of lumber and fixtures you need before ordering; we’re here to help.
We love helping DIYers and we never hesitate to go that extra mile in guiding them throughout the process.
Our estimates and takeoff sheets are a result of years of hard work, dedication, and commitment. We’re able to produce accurate estimates in the fastest possible time because of using state-of-the-art lumber estimating software.
We’re fully compliant with the latest sustainable construction techniques. Making sure to estimate lumber and relevant quantities keeping in view the minimal wastage factors. Our experienced estimators will also let you know the methods to minimize wastage and hence you’re the cost of completing a job. We guarantee you’ll have an instant boost in your profit margins as a result of the bid prepared by our staff.
We’re offering Lumber Takeoff Services – the best in the hometown.
Why us? Because we’re taking off
- Save Time: Trust our estimators to complete accurate lumber estimates on time.
- Get the Job Done Right: Our estimators can find the right lumber resources at a competitive price and make sure it is delivered on time.
- Save Money: Our knowledgeable estimators can save you time and money
- Professional Services: Wood Framing Lumber estimation services are provided as well as millwork estimate, timber joists, wooden trusses, and complete lumber material takeoff list services.
- Knowledgeable Experts: Best practices that will help you win more jobs
- Affordable Prices: We guarantee you’ll win more projects and that small fees of ours will be easily compensated.
- Speed – Accurate estimates instantly: Avoid the unnecessary headache of calculating yourself!
- Instantly Estimate Materials: Get instant pricing on any project without wasting time getting estimates from suppliers.
- We follow the latest trends: Create a lumber estimate sheet that is up-to-date and accurate.
Our team will work diligently to research accurate pricing on lumber prices, labor rates, and cost estimates on each item needed to complete the project.
- We never miss a detail: Lumber materials including framing lumber, sheathing lumber, wall studs, beams, headers, floor joists, plywood sheathing panels and so much more!
You surely need us before bidding on that next lumber project!