There are two main estimating methods:
- Preliminary estimating – price per unit, price per unit area, price per unit volume, and assembly methods; used mostly at the feasibility stage.
- Detailed estimating – far more accurate; used by most builders when complete drawings and specifications are available.
10 General Items of Work for Building Cost Estimation
- Clearing the Site.
- Soil Excavation for Foundation Trenches.
- Earthwork in Filling.
- Damp-Proof Course (DPC)
- Plain Cement Concrete (PCC) Works.
- Reinforced Cement Concrete Works.
- Steel Work.
- Shuttering (Formwork)
- Masonry work
- Plastering Work
Before you directly start calculating quantity, you must precisely and correctly read the construction drawing.
- Check dimension of each block is provided or not.
- The check Schedule of the opening is there.
- Check specification of work.
- Check the thickness of the wall is same or changes.
RESIDENTIAL COST ESTIMATES
Our goal is to help you estimate and bid your residential projects so you can focus on running your business. Our solution is designed for busy Contractors, Owners, and Architects building new construction, renovations, and remodels.
Whether it’s a single family, duplex, or even multi-family project, we can perform budget estimates, and progress estimates to keep your project within budget and on-schedule.
Many times projects have to be redesigned and value-engineered after preliminary pricing comes in too high. We can identify these issues before they cost you thousands in holding costs and interest. Get your FREE Quote now.
Services For Residential Contractors
Being indulged in various matters, we can help you with our residential estimating services to win bids on your projects by preparing the bid documents needed for submission. Providing you with estimates will enable us to submit your quotes before the deadline, along with marked-up plans, bidding network profile management, new project lead generation, and subcontractor marketing.
Our estimators have tremendous experience creating residential estimates, whether it’s a simple three-family house or complex multi-story apartment.
Since we have experience with the residential build and are proficient in the software, we can quickly take off the quantities for you to set estimates while maintaining your commitment to your daily work.
Whether it is remodeling or renovation of an existing home, we help contractors. Contractors have had a tough time putting together estimates for their clients. A well-experienced residential estimator team is available to assist remodeling and renovation companies with material takeoffs and estimates.