Our expert construction cost estimators and managers have past experience of working with various contracting and real estate developing firms. With the tremendous proficiency in the latest takeoff software like Planswift, Trimble, Bluebeam, FastDUCT, FastPIPE, FastWRAP, ConEST, we strive to achieve the highest level of accuracy in your estimates. We employ RSMeans for up to date and zip code based costing for material, labor and equipment.
Our clients include:
- General contracting firms
- Real Estate developers
- Architectural firms
- Engineering design firms
We want you to be a success, so we offer a 24-36 hour turnaround time for most construction estimating services.
Total Takeoffs provides our clients with more than just cost consulting. No matter what stage of a project you are in, we are here to help you with field audits, bill of materials lists, quantity surveys, software training, support services, and more.
What is a takeoff in estimating?
What is civil estimation?
What are the duties of a construction estimator?
How important is accuracy in a construction takeoff?
In order to be effective, a construction takeoff must be accurate.
Estimators must ensure that their material take-off is comprehensive, meaning it covers all of the materials that will be required to complete a job.
An accurate material take-off is essential for arriving at an accurate estimate for the cost of a project.
Creating a comprehensive construction takeoff can be extremely time-consuming if done by hand.
To create a construction takeoff, the estimator must understand how to read blueprints and draw item quantities from the outline. The final product of a construction material takeoff is the total material cost for a project. Because of this, the construction takeoff is essential for the overall estimating process.
Here is what you should know about us and how we are able to help building professionals lower their construction costs.
- We are experts in building and construction cost estimating, cost engineering, and material takeoffs.
- We are experts with computer estimating and blue print takeoffs.
- We offer computer consulting with estimating software procurement, setup, and daily use.
- We have provided construction estimating services to building professionals and owner builders for 30 years.
- We are members of the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE).
- We produce the construction estimates and quantity surveys in some of the most commonly used construction estimating programs including Microsoft Excel.
- Our 24-36 Hour Turnaround time will allow you to bid more projects.
- You will save money because you do not need to purchase expensive estimating software.
Obsolete Methods of Estimating the Cost of Construction Projects
Many building contractors and construction business owners still rely on manual registers or excel spreadsheets. These manual methods of estimating the cost of a construction project are perceived to be simple to master but fail to provide speed and accuracy. Data entry is prone to errors and highly time-consuming. It is quite common to find mistakes and regret when the project is about to complete as at that stage, nothing can be rectified to recover the loss. Moreover, when it comes to sharing information and collaborating with the team, these manual methods can provide restricted facilities.
Pricing a construction project should not be based on guesswork, inaccurate data, or some other project’s figures. Especially if the construction project is huge, it requires a significant amount of investment. In that case, if your cost estimation is wrong, you end up wasting your hard-earned money and efforts.