Measure the total square footage of the areas where the drywall will be installed. Multiply the width times the height of each wall or ceiling area, then add all of the quantities together to get a total square-foot amount.
How much does it cost per square foot to hang and finish drywall?
Drywall installation costs $1.50 to $3.50 per square foot, depending on the ceiling height, drywall type, and level of finish. Drywall costs $0.50 to $0.80 per square foot for materials. The labor cost to hang and finish drywall is $1.00 to $2.70 per square foot.
How much does it cost to install 1000 square feet of drywall?
The national average cost to install drywall is between $1,500 and $2,000, with most homeowners spending around $1,750 on 1,000 sq. ft. of standard ½” drywall, hung and finished in a remodel.
|Average Cost to Drywall a House|
|Cost to Drywall a 1000 sq ft House||Total Cost|
|Average x 4140||$9,150|
|High x 4700||$14,800|
Cost to Install Drywall – Notes and General Information
These estimates are for BASIC work performed in serviceable conditions by qualified trade professionals using MID GRADE materials. Work not mentioned on this page and/or work using master craftsman, premium materials, and project supervision will result in HIGHER COSTS!
These estimates are NOT substitutes for written quotes from trade professionals. Homewyse strongly recommends that you contact reputable professionals for accurate assessments of the work required and costs for your project – before making any decisions or commitments.
The cost estimate includes:
- Costs for local material/equipment delivery to and service provider transportation to and from the job site.
- Costs to prepare the worksite for Drywall Installation, including costs to protect existing structure(s), finishes, materials, and components.
- Labor setup time, mobilization time, and minimum hourly charges are commonly included for small Drywall Installation jobs.
The cost estimate does NOT include:
- Costs for removing, relocating, repairing, or modifying existing framing, surfacing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems – or bringing those systems into compliance with current building codes.
- Costs for testing and remediation of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, etc.).
- General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the Drywall Installation. Add 13% to 22% to the total cost above if a general contractor will supervise this project.
- Sales tax on materials and supplies.
- Permit or inspection fees (or portion thereof) are required by your local building department for your overall project.
Drywall Installation Costs
|Standard ½” drywall||$10-$20 per sheet||$320-$640|
|Moisture/Mold resistant drywall||$13-$25 per sheet||$416-$800|
|Fire-resistant drywall||$13 per sheet||$416|
|Soundproof drywall||$50 per sheet||$1,600|